[libvirt] [gconfig v2 2/2] config: Add vnc listen setter

Visarion-Mingopol Alexandru-Viorel viorel.visarion at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 17:05:08 UTC 2016

I made this discussion a private one by mistake, so it's time for some
storytelling:

*Christophe Fergeau wrote:*
> For what it's worth, this patch series
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-March/msg00993.html
would have allowed not to have to implement this both for VNC and SPICE.
Not sure why it did not land so far, I'll have to read back the old
thread/check with Fidencio.

*>I wrote: *
 The host setter for SPICE from the patch list isn't working. If the
machine is running and the host is already set, you get this error:
 "Failed to set domain configuration: XML error: graphics listen attribute
127.0.0.1 must match address attribute of first listen element (found
0.0.0.0)"
You either have to set both addresses at the same time (what I did in my
patch) or maybe remove the <listen type="address"> child, but I haven't
tried.

Actually, you can get the same error on VNC as well, so both setters from
the list aren't good. :(

*>Cristophe Fergeau wrote:*
Ah right, I remember these checks being added in libvirt. If you only
set a <listen addr> node when there is no listen="xx" attribute, do you
know if a listen="xx" attribute is automatically added?

I expect that if the XML has both attributes, changing only the <listen
addr> node and not the listen="xx" attribute is going to cause the same
error?

*>I wrote:*
Yes and yes.
Changing only the <listen addr> node when the listen attribute is present
causes the same error.

When setting the  <listen addr> node, if there is no listen attribute, the
listen attribute is automatically added.
Should I try to do this ?

Sorry for the mistake and let's continue finding a solution ! :)

--
Visarion-Mingopol Alexandru-Viorel
Telefon : 0729614060