[libvirt] Question about virtio-pci in Aarch64

Kevin Zhao kevin.zhao at linaro.org
Sun Jun 12 14:29:51 UTC 2016

Hi Cole && All,
     Nice meeting you in the libvirt mail-list. Greetings from Linaro !!!
     I am Kevin Zhao from Linaro and working for OpenStack on Aarch64.
Nowadays I find that the default "virtio" bus is "virtio-mmio" , not
"virtio-pci". Since virtio-mmio do not has the host plugged function ,
something is wrong with the function in OpenStack Nova.

      Then I search and find some mail information as belows by Cole :-)
      1)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-December/msg00217.html
      2)
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-March/msg00167.html

       I see some efforts have been doing by you. Really thanks for your
efforts for Aarch64. And I have some small questions.
      1. Is Libvirt planning to replace the default virtio-mmio to
virtio-pci for Aarch64?
      2. If not , how can I change the xml file(generated by Virsh) for
virtio-pci  so that Qemu can recognize it ?

       Really big thanks for your help. Looking forwards to your response!

Best Regards,
Kevin Zhao