[libvirt] libvirt and VIR_WARN("cannot parse process status data")

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 15:09:08 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 04:40:45PM +0300, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
>I have system with 3.19.3 kernel and libvirt 1.3.3 (version not matter
>because part of code not changed).
>When i'm try to get cpu stats via libvirt i have  error in libvirt
>log, that says "cannot parse process status data"
>relevant code in src/qemu/qemu_driver.c
>in function qemuGetProcessInfo

Honestly, I have only very rough idea about what you're trying to say.
But you see that warning mentioned.  Let's go from that.

>i'm add debut test to this function and in my case i have always fscanf != 4

That's weird indeed, but what are you getting as a result if not 4?  Are
you getting it for each of the PIDs below or just for some?  Are you
getting bad statistics or you just don't like the warning?  What is the
debug message few lines below that saying (the "Got status for ...")?

This could be caused by some weird libC, I guess.  What are you using on
your system?

If you were able to modify the code to add more debugging, then try
reading the file, print it out for yourself, then after the fscanf see
what's in those variables.  I can only guess without more detail.

>Does somebody have time to fix this ?

The problem here is we don't know what is there to fix.