[libvirt] [Bug] make check fails when LIBVIRT_DEBUG is defined

Tomasz Flendrich t.flendrich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:32:45 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I am resending this email as I suppose that the previous one
wasn’t accepted due to a big attachment inside. If I create a double post,
please excuse me, I didn’t mean to.

I set up a clean libvirt repo with:
git clone
./autogen.sh
make
and then executed tests with various values of LIBVIRT_DEBUG using
the following command:
LIBVIRT_DEBUG=0…5 VIR_TEST_DEBUG=1 make check

With LIBVIRT_DEBUG=0 (or =5 or probably any invalid value), the logs say:
"Ignoring invalid log level setting”
but still, 10 tests fail due to various reasons.

With LIBVIRT_DEBUG=1, there is a slight difference. The number of tests
that fail is also 10, but here, commandtest fails instead of eventtest.

With LIBVIRT_DEBUG=2, only 9 tests fail, because commandtest passes.

With LIBVIRT_DEBUG=3, only 1 test fails: qemuargv2xmltest. The
reason is the same as in the previous tests.

With LIBVIRT_DEBUG=4, it’s just qemuargv2xmltest that is failing,
but for a different reason than before:
"qemuParseCommandLineString should have logged a warning”.

Links to tests/test-syslog.log, indexed by value of LIBVIRT_DEBUG:
0: http://pastebin.com/bZrDV1K2 <http://pastebin.com/bZrDV1K2>
1: https://gist.github.com/Darge/d180ebdd497573ed633625cf136de73c <https://gist.github.com/Darge/d180ebdd497573ed633625cf136de73c>
2: http://pastebin.com/bhsq1MtC <http://pastebin.com/bhsq1MtC>
3: http://pastebin.com/BSRtR9Rq <http://pastebin.com/BSRtR9Rq>
4: http://pastebin.com/FQn79her <http://pastebin.com/FQn79her>

Perhaps it’s okay that these tests fail, but still there's no harm
in letting people know.

Thank you rbogorodskiy for guidance on the mailing list :)

Have a nice day,
Tomasz