[libvirt] 答复: how to make syntax-check on tar-tall released-version

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 08:29:30 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-06-25 at 00:49 +0000, Zhangbo (Oscar) wrote:
> Here's my situation: I want to use libvirt v1.3.4 as my own git base, the steps are:
> 1 Download libvirt v1.3.4 from http://libvirt.org/sources
> 2 add .gitignore inside the code tree
> 3 run "git init" to generate my own git tree
> 4 do some develop work
> 5 FAILED to do make syntax-check
>
> If we want to have our own git repository, what's the right way to do? Is it necessary to do "git fork" rather than "git init" to do development work?

Yeah, you'll want to clone the upstream git repository using

  git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git

You'll then be able create your development branch based on
1.3.4 with

  git branch devel v1.3.4
  git checkout devel

Once you've done that, 'make syntax-check' will work.

Please note that, unless you have very specific needs, you
should base your development on the master branch instead
of the 1.3.4 release: among other things, that's a
requirement for having your changes merged upstream.