[libvirt] libvirt on up-for-grabs.net?

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 09:04:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-30 at 09:20 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 10:17:10AM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > I just bumped into this website:
>> >   http://up-for-grabs.net/
>> > I wonder if we could try to get our Bite-sized Tasks[1] in
> > the list...
>> > Of course we don't use GitHub for pull requests or issue
> > tracking, but we could create a dummy issue called "Look at
> > the Bite-sized Tasks wiki page" that contains a link to the
> > wiki along with some explanation, and leave it open just so
> > that it can be listed on up-for-grabs.net.
>> > What do you guys think? :)
>
> Sounds like a fine idea. Note, the project doesn't have to
> be hosted on github to use this. That's just where you
> configure the up-for-grabs config. We just provide a text
> file like this pointing to libvirt.org / bugzilla:
>
> https://github.com/up-for-grabs/up-for-grabs.net/blob/gh-pages/_data/projects/up-for-grabs.net.yml

You need to set the upforgrabs/name property with the label
that your GitHub issues are tagged with; we could then have
zero GitHub issues tagged with that label, but then the
up-for-grabs website would show a issue count of zero for
the project, and people would be unlikely to click through.
So I still think we're going to need the dummy issue.

But you're right, upforgrabs/link could point directly to
the wiki instead of sending people to GitHub first.

Does something like the following look reasonable? If it
does, I'll take care of submitting it.

name: libvirt
desc: The virtualization API
site: https://libvirt.org/