[libvirt] libvirt on up-for-grabs.net?

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 10:36:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-06-30 at 10:27 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > You need to set the upforgrabs/name property with the label
> > that your GitHub issues are tagged with; we could then have
> > zero GitHub issues tagged with that label, but then the
> > up-for-grabs website would show a issue count of zero for
> > the project, and people would be unlikely to click through.
> > So I still think we're going to need the dummy issue.
>
> Hmm, I wonder if we could setup a cron job which automatically
> created dummy github issues for each bugzilla ticket tagged
> with LibvirtFirstBug, where the github issue only contains a
> link to the bugzilla ticket.

This sounds like it would work, however I'm afraid it
might give the impression that we use GitHub way more than
we actually do. People are also (hopefully) not going to
attach pull requests to a GitHub issue that is a stand-in
for several actual issues.

> Alternatively, up-for-grabs is open source, so I wonder if
> we could simply send them a patch which lets them query
> bugzilla directly :-)

That would be lovely! But I'm not volunteering to actually
implement it ;)