[libvirt] Request for testing: migration of libvirt wiki site

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 09:46:56 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:47:31AM +0100, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 04:11:42PM +0000, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > I'm preparing for a migration of the libvirt wiki off the host it is
> > currently running on, to OpenShift hosting. This isn't entirely
> > straightforward, as I'm also upgrading the version of mediawiki and
> > as a result had to re-write the CSS customization from scratch.
> >
> > I may well have messed something up, so would appreciate if people
> > could have a quick look at this testing instance of the wiki and
> > confirm that it looks / works reasonably for them.
> >
> >   http://wiki-libvirt.rhcloud.com
> >
> > NB, any edits you make in this test instance will be discarded when
> > I load a fresh database dump from the current live wiki.
> >
> > If all looks good, I'll look at getting DNS updated to switch over
> > later this week.
>
> A related topic: At a future point in time, the libvirt Wiki could
> probably be migrated to Git-based static-site generator project
> Middleman?  Most recently, two projects that I know of have made the
> switch (RDO Project & oVirt).

That seems to completely defeat the point of having a wiki. We already
have a static website maintained in GIT and get essentially zero end
user contributions to it. A wiki is intended to be quick & easy for
people to just directly create content without having to learn any
tools or process beyond their web browser