[libvirt] Libvirt accepted to GSoC

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Tue Mar 1 17:19:06 UTC 2016

Dear community,

let me announce great news: Libvirt applied for this year's Google
Summer of Code and got accepted [1]!

You may recall that in previous years we created a joint organisation
with QEMU/KVM folks and participated that way. However, since the number
of libvirt students was growing and usually exceeded number of QEMU or
KVM students combined it started to become more and more obvious that
libvirt should no longer misuse hospitality of QEMU/KVM volunteers and
try on its own. And it worked. In addition, QEMU/KVM organisation has
been accepted too - join me in congratulating them and saying big thank
you for all of the work that they have done for us in those previous
years! The idea of splitting has been discussed here too [2].

What to do next?
You can still propose ideas, and ideally add them to the list [3]. Or if
you don't feel confident enough, drop me an e-mail and I'll take care of
that.

It's until 14th March that students are able to start filling in their
proposals. And this is where this year differs from the previous ones -
the deadline for proposals is 25th March. Without proposal no student
can be accepted to the program. So you may help by spreading the word too.

Happy coding!

Michal

1: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5982501017223168/

2: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-January/msg01076.html