[libvirt] GSoC 2016

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 09:34:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 19:28:46 +0100, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> On 07.03.2016 18:20, Peter Krempa wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 16:50:41 +0100, Martin Kletzander wrote:

[...]

> How come! I see 'View Ideas List' button in the very top right corner.
> It links to:
>
> http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016
>
> The design of GSoC pages has changed this year so it might be confusing
> to some users to get all the information at the first glance.

Indeed. Apparently the new version has bad design too as I didn't look
at any previous version. I've noticed the link to our webpage and
the mailing list address but not the ideas list at first glance.

Also the "successful proposal guidance" doesn't really help by providing
information in regard to contributing and the selection process. I think
they should be presented more obviously so that we prevent recurring
questions.