[libvirt] virtual machine won't autostart when using LVM with cache

David Hlacik david at hlacik.eu
Mon Mar 21 16:28:25 UTC 2016

Hello guys,

OS Fedora 23 with latest updates

Recently I have switched to use LVM cache feature on logical volume
/dev/hdd/windata1 to improve it performace using 32GB partition from SSD
disk.

However, when my computer will start, my virtual machine won't autostart

Mar 21 10:48:57 brutus-coreos libvirtd[956]: Cannot access storage file
'/dev/hdd/windata1' (as uid:107, gid:107): No such file or directory
Mar 21 10:48:57 brutus-coreos libvirtd[956]: Failed to autostart VM
'winos1': Cannot access storage file '/dev/hdd/windata1' (as uid:107,
gid:107): No such file or directory
Mar 21 10:48:57 brutus-coreos libvirtd[956]: Cannot access storage file
'/dev/hdd/windata1' (as uid:107, gid:107): No such file or directory

It seems that when using LVM cache, one have to wait till it will
inicialize?

When I will manually start virtual machine afterwards, everything works OK :

[root at brutus-coreos ~]# virsh start winos1
Domain winos1 started

I have tried to remove LVM cache from  /dev/hdd/windata1 and afterward
autostart works! So it must be LVM cache related.

Can you please help me to solve this ?

Thanks in advance

David Hlacik

+420-777-307-745 | david at hlacik.cz

[image: View David Hlacik's profile on LinkedIn]
<http://cz.linkedin.com/in/hlacik>