[libvirt] question about rdma migration

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 13:58:13 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 13:16:49 +0000, Roy Shterman wrote:
> OK, I will describe it better,
>
> I'm developing iSER transport option inside libiscsi, as part of that I'm planning to implement it also in QEMU block layer.
>
> iSER RDMA components (QP, CQ, MR) need to lock some amount of memory (predictable amount),
>
> So, needed memory to be locked is (num of libiscsi-iser devices in VM)*(constant amount per device),

Well, it should be easy enough to compute and automatically set the
limit from libvirt then. Unless the "constant amount per device" changes
anytime someone touches the code in QEMU or libiscsi.

> For now, I'm using locked option in libvirt, although I don't really need to lock all VM memory.

For testing you could perhaps try playing with hooks and prlimit, but
forcing libvirt to lock all memory is still easier.

Jirka