[libvirt] [libvirt-php 0/3] small improvements

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:49:54 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:
>> I have abolutely no idea what going with libvirt-php,
>> but FYI I have start a fork which is mostly ready and work with both PHP
>> 5 and 7
>>
>> If your patch is applied, sources will diverged, and it will be
>> nightmare to update the fork.
>>
>> Perhaps you can open a pull request against the fork, so we'll have a
>> single branch to merged upstream ?
>>
>> Your patch looks fine to me.
>> Excepted missing:
>> - arginfo
>> - php 7 compat (using strsize_t and zend_long)
>

> Sorry, but i'm not understand why this happening? As i understand this
> is bacause files modified with my patches and your.
> Sometimes this list is slow, but i think that we need to cooperate and
> bring up-to-date binding...

Remi announced the patches to bring up libvirt-php to support php5 and
php7 simultaneously available in a git repository[0] two days ago on
this list[1]. I do not want to maintain a fork of libvirt-php, and
would rather see Remi's commits merged into the mainline repository.
Since there's no merge request model or any other useful mechanism to
actionably hold on to patches while they sit in review-land, they are
available in a repository that people can use and contribute to.

PHP 7 is here, and libvirt-php needs to support it properly. Again, I
definitely want to see these patches merged in, but I refuse to allow
them to languish, too.

[0]: https://gitlab.com/Conan_Kudo/libvirt-php7/commits/php7
[1]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-March/msg00916.html