[libvirt] Request for testing: migration of libvirt wiki site

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 21:32:02 UTC 2016

> I'm preparing for a migration of the libvirt wiki off the host it is
> currently running on, to OpenShift hosting. This isn't entirely
> straightforward, as I'm also upgrading the version of mediawiki and
> as a result had to re-write the CSS customization from scratch.
>
> I may well have messed something up, so would appreciate if people
> could have a quick look at this testing instance of the wiki and
> confirm that it looks / works reasonably for them.
>
>   http://wiki-libvirt.rhcloud.com
>
> NB, any edits you make in this test instance will be discarded when
> I load a fresh database dump from the current live wiki.
>
> If all looks good, I'll look at getting DNS updated to switch over
> later this week.

Thanks for this! Generally looks fine. Some minor bits:

Just clicking 'wiki' in the sidebar menu, then shows a submenu with items
'what links here', 'related pages', 'special pages', etc. That seems standard
for the sidebar for mediawiki, but in the big bold lettering and libvirt
themeing it looks kinda weird. IMO those could be shoved at the bottom of the
page and no one would care, but I don't know how easy that is.

Also the text size has reverted, it's once again smaller than en.wikipedia.org
and wiki.documentfoundation.org for example. Maybe some part of the libvirt
generic.css is being overwritten?

Both bits are minor though so don't let them block you

Thanks,
Cole