[libvirt] [ 1/3] autocreate tap device for ethernet network type

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Mar 23 14:51:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 03:22:35PM +0100, Michal Privoznik wrote:

> >> Ok, no problem with this. If you apply only part, that creates tap
> >> devices, this is good start for me.
> >
> > Ok it is merged - just resubmit your code to add IP & route stuff as a
> > separate patch now.
> >

> Thing is, this breaks the build. 'make check' is failing now as it
> really tries to create a tap device - we have used 'ethernet' type of
> interface in our tests to avoid creating any device on the host. Mocking
> all of the virNetDev* is going to be verbose. But I'm already working on it.

Oh damn, sorry I missed that - I mistakenly thought we skipped ethernet
devices in the tests, the same way we skip bridge devices and guess I
only ran syntax-check rather than check.

We could just quickly disable those ethernet tests if virNetDev mocking
is going to take some time. It would let us test type=bridge too once
we do it.