[libvirt] docs: Change or update the hacking page

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Wed May 11 07:31:33 UTC 2016

On 11.05.2016 08:04, Nishith Shah wrote:
> Hi everyone, sorry about the empty message above, I was typing and I
> pressed the wrong set of keys.
>
> So, I was going through the contributor guidelines page[1], and after
> discussing with Michal Privoznik, I think there are some things that need
> to be updated. For instance, the 4th point about posting patches mentions
> using git diff instead of git format-patch.

Worse, it even suggests using plain diff in which case rename feature
will not be effective, originally ignored files would be formatted into
the patch too and so on. We definitely need an update that would advice
using nothing but git.

> I also feel that the workflow
> in general should be re-written and updated with some more details. I have
> written a very detailed post about the workflow here[2], and might pick
> some points up from there. Please let me know what you think of it.

Yes, I think we should update our page. Moreover, I feel like

  http://libvirt.org/api_extension.html

is outdated too. Probably worth it.

Michal