[libvirt] [PATCH 0/4] Move secret object command line building helpers

John Ferlan jferlan at redhat.com
Fri May 27 13:57:06 UTC 2016

More "extractable" changes from my work on adding luks support.

While working through changes in storage_backend.c I found that the
building of the 'qemu-img' command to create a luks volume will need
to create a secret object.

In order to do that I found if I took the qemu_command code and moved
things around a bit, then I would be able to access the API's that I
need.  Moving the command line building from qemu_command.c to virjson.c
seemed logical since it was multipurpose/generic anyway.  I'm not "tied"
to the API name chosen - if there's suggestions, I'll adjust. Then splitting
out the generation of the secret object props into their own API and then
eventually into secret_util.c seemed to be the best avenue.  I can then
include secret_util into the storage driver.

The last change just cleans up the secinfo command building processing.
It was "complicated" when there was going to be hostdev and disk code
trying to generate the same objects... Now that just seems less important.
When/if iSCSI/hostdev support for the AES secret is added, I'll made the
appropriate adjustments then.

John Ferlan (4):
  qemu: Move and rename qemuBuildObjectCommandlineFromJSON
  qemu: Introduce qemuBuildSecretObjectProps
  qemu: Move and rename qemuBuildSecretObjectProps
  qemu: Rework secinfo command line building

 src/libvirt_private.syms    |   4 +-
 src/qemu/qemu_command.c     | 199 ++++++--------------------------------------
 src/qemu/qemu_command.h     |   4 -
 src/secret/secret_util.c    |  59 +++++++++++++
 src/secret/secret_util.h    |  10 +++
 src/util/virjson.c          | 117 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 src/util/virjson.h          |  12 ++-
 tests/qemucommandutiltest.c |   7 +-
 8 files changed, 219 insertions(+), 193 deletions(-)


More information about the libvir-list mailing list