[libvirt] docs: Change or update the hacking page

Nishith Shah nishithshah.2211 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 06:04:19 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, sorry about the empty message above, I was typing and I
pressed the wrong set of keys.

So, I was going through the contributor guidelines page[1], and after
discussing with Michal Privoznik, I think there are some things that need
to be updated. For instance, the 4th point about posting patches mentions
using git diff instead of git format-patch. I also feel that the workflow
in general should be re-written and updated with some more details. I have
written a very detailed post about the workflow here[2], and might pick
some points up from there. Please let me know what you think of it.

Also, please post the other things  that you think should be changed on
that page in this thread.

Thanks,
Nishith

[1]: http://libvirt.org/hacking.html