[libvirt] [RFC 0/5] Qemu: s390: Cpu Model Support

Jason J. Herne jjherne at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Nov 3 14:19:23 UTC 2016

On 11/03/2016 09:37 AM, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 16:34:30 -0400, Jason J. Herne wrote:
>
>> 2. virsh baseline and compare support.
>>
>> Both of these commands, for s390 at least, will need to spin up a Qemu session
>> with monitor to compute the result. The only place I see this done today is
>> qemu_capabilities. Rather than blindly duplicate the code, I guess we should
>> carve out some type of api for spinning up a monitor backed Qemu instance, yes?

> Yes, we will probably need to add new APIs which would accept more
> parameters, but I'd keep it for later.

Thanks for looking this series over. We'll get to work on making the
changes you
suggest. Just one thing here.

I'm not sure if you are saying to leave baseline/compare for later. Or
do you
mean we should hold off on the api that can be used by any qemu code to
spawn a
helper qemu process?

If we are implementing baseline and compare then we'll need some way to
invoke Qemu.

--
-- Jason J. Herne (jjherne at linux.vnet.ibm.com)