[libvirt] fix for recent gnutls behavior change

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Nov 16 15:23:40 UTC 2016

TL;DR: please think if more needs to be changed to follow new gnutls behavior

Hi,
I found that recently our builds broke with these errors:

TEST: virnettlssessiontest
[...]
10) TLS Session servercertreq.filename + clientcertreq.filename ...
FAILED
11) TLS Session servercertreq.filename + clientcertreq.filename ...
FAILED
12) TLS Session servercertreq.filename + clientcertreq.filename ...
OK
13) TLS Session servercertreq.filename + clientcertreq.filename ...
FAILED
14) TLS Session servercertreq.filename + clientcertreq.filename ...
FAILED
15) TLS Session servercertlevel3areq.filename + clientcertlevel2breq.filename
 ... OK
FAIL virnettlssessiontest (exit status: 1)

I was able to track that down to a change in gnutls which can be read at
https://gitlab.com/gnutls/gnutls/issues/111 which changed the behavior of dname
en- and decoding to follow RFC4514.

More details on the debugging - if anyone want to reproduce - can be found on
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1641615

But the primary purpose of the cover letter is a call to everybody to think if
that change could imply the need for more changes in libvirt than just to make
the tests work again.

Christian Ehrhardt (1):
  tests: adapt to gnutls change in dname en-/decoding

 tests/virnettlssessiontest.c | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 28 insertions(+)

--
2.7.4