[libvirt] virsh domjobinfo during storage migration

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Thu Nov 24 21:54:10 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Running virsh domjobinfo on my CentOS 6 systems during a migration
with --copy-storage-all, the output used to look like this:

Job type:         Unbounded
Time elapsed:     1830632      ms
Data processed:   37.212 GiB
Data remaining:   1.025 GiB
Data total:       16.016 GiB
Memory processed: 37.212 GiB
Memory remaining: 1.025 GiB
Memory total:     16.016 GiB
Memory bandwidth: 100.018 MiB/s
Constant pages:   618279
Normal pages:     9734623
Normal data:      37.135 GiB
Expected downtime: 1118         ms
Setup time:       61           ms

But when I run the same command on CentOS 7, libvirt-1.2.17-13 and
qemu-kvm-1.5.3-105, I just get this:

$ sudo virsh domjobinfo 58358fec-c35c-4a7a-a4dd-18ec2e1327bf
Job type:         Unbounded
Time elapsed:     209616       ms

I tried to debug this myself, but I'm a bit stuck. I'd expected
libvirt to send query-migrate commands to qemu every 50 ms or so. To
verify I attached gdb and put a breakpoint at
qemuMonitorJSONGetMigrationStatus, but the breakpoint only hits after
the complete disk is mirrored.

Is this a regression, or am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,

Ruben Kerkhof