[libvirt] Recommendations for Libvirt LTS release

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sat Oct 1 09:15:13 UTC 2016

Hi,
Debian is about to enter it's freeze for the Stretch release in November
and we will support the libvirt version that is in Stretch for at least
5 years.

The upstream version of libvirt at this point will likely be 2.4.0.  Are
any other distros about to pick a version around that time so we can
possibly join forces? Are there any recommendations to rather pick
another version due to planned features/fixes/refactorings that haven't
made it to the list yet?

As with previous versions I will feed back patches to the -maint branch
and hope to cut point releases as were currently doing with 0.9.12 but
if other distros (apart from Debians downstreams) would use the same
version this would be a plus.

Cheers,
 -- Guido