[libvirt] Analysis of the effect of adding PCIe root ports

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Oct 5 17:36:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Oct 05, 2016 at 01:26:31PM -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 10/05/2016 11:50 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >(b) It would be nice to turn the whole thing off for people who don't
> >care about / need hotplugging.
>
> I had contemplated having an "availablePCIeSlots" (or something like
> that) that was either an attribute of the config, or an option in
> qemu.conf or libvirtd.conf. If we had such a setting, it could be
> set to "0".

Note that changes to libvirt conf files are not usable by libguestfs.

The setting would need to go into the XML, and please also make it
possible to determine if $random version of libvirt supports the
setting, either by a version check or something in capabilities.

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW