[libvirt] [RFC] Toward a better NEWS file

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 15:04:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 10:32 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Take a look at how we structure NEWS file for gtk-vnc:
>
>   https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk-vnc/tree/NEWS
>
> We try to give users concise information, ordered by importance
>
> That is the kind of format I think we should aim for.

Looks good to me!

But we should IMHO really stick to using the HTML file as
source and convert it to plain text at dist time, so we can
have the same information available both in the release
archive and on the website.

Shall we give this kind of format a go for 2.5.0, see if it
works for us? We could still fall back to the current NEWS
format if the experiment doesn't pan out.