[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-2.4.0

John Ferlan jferlan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 21:59:54 UTC 2016

On 10/27/2016 05:04 PM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>    As planned I just tagged the release in git and pushed signed tarball
> and rpms to the usual place:
>
>     ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/
>
>   Not in my normal environment this week so I hadn't had a chance to test
> the build before pushing, sorry about this but things went smoothly, I noticed
> a warning in virsh however:
>
>   CC       virsh-virsh-host.o
> vsh.c: In function 'vshReadlineParse':
> vsh.c:516:9: warning: 'opts_need_arg' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
>      i = ffsl(*opts_need_arg) - 1;
>          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> vsh.c:2658:14: note: 'opts_need_arg' was declared here
>      uint64_t opts_need_arg, opts_seen;

Ewww... In code no one really wants to touch from commit id 'dcfdf341'.

Whatever compiler you have is the first to notice it I think. I haven't
looked closely at the Jenkins output lately and usually when someone
notices something like this with their new compiler, they post a patch.

Anwyay I wonder if the parameter should have been "const_opts_need_arg"
(and similarly for the opts_seen argument to be const_opts_seen) -
similar to the call to vshCmddefOptParse earlier in that awful loop...

John