[libvirt] xen/libvirt freeze while attching network-device to vm´s - question about provided patches

Guido.Rossmueller at gdata.de Guido.Rossmueller at gdata.de
Thu Sep 8 14:04:43 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

a colleague of me described last november a problem that we have with libvirt and xen

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-November/msg00130.html

Jim Fehlig provided for this problem a patch a few days later:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-November/msg00520.html

The provided patch work great and we have no problems until we applied them.

Now we a in the situation that we want to migrate to libvirt 2.1, and we saw the same problem that we have last year, again.
After we take a look in the source code, we determine that the patches are didn´t go in the source code. So we modify the patches in that way, that we could apply them again, and all looks good.

My question, is their any special reason why this patches didn´t go in the source code?

I see same posts on the maillinglist, but absolute statement for or again the patches from Jim Fehlig.

all the best guido

Virus checked by G Data MailSecurity
Version: AVA 25.8195 dated 08.09.2016
Virus news: www.antiviruslab.com