[libvirt] [RFC v2] libvirt vGPU QEMU integration

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 04:36:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 03:56:21 +0000
"Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian at intel.com> wrote:

> [...]

$ find /sys/devices -name remove | wc -l
24
$ find /sys/devices -name destroy | wc -l
0

'remove' is the sysfs deconstructor we should use.

> Another example is class-specific attributes such
> as 'resolution', etc. which you listed under 'display class'. All those
> attributes should be moved to mdev directory. Only class ID is
> required under each type.

Can you elaborate on what you're proposing here?  If we don't have
attributes like 'resolution' under the type-id then we can't describe
to the user the features of the mdev before we create it.  I don't
think anybody wants a 'create it and find out' type of interface.
Thanks,

Alex