[libvirt] xen/libvirt freeze while attching network-device to vm´s - question about provided patches

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Wed Sep 21 21:36:42 UTC 2016

Guido.Rossmueller at gdata.de wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> thanks for your response ans sorry for my late answer,
>
> i´m sorry, i don´t really understand what you are missing in [2], or from where in the log-output you see that an
> shutdown event is missing.

Well, during my testing of the patch I found that on occasion libxl was not
delivering a shutdown event to libvirt. But after re-reading the patch thread
I'm not sure how I mis-interpreted Ian Campbell's suggestion here

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-November/msg00851.html

I've posted a much simpler patch implementing Ian's suggestion, which so far is
working great in my testing

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2016-September/msg00970.html

Can you please test that patch in your environment and report back? Thanks!

Regards,
Jim