[libvirt] [Qemu-devel] summary of current vfio mdev upstreaming status

Xiao Guangrong guangrong.xiao at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 29 09:05:47 UTC 2016

On 09/29/2016 04:55 PM, Jike Song wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In order to have a clear understanding about the VFIO mdev upstreaming
> status, I'd like to summarize it. Please share your opinions on this,
> and correct my misunderstandings.
>
> The whole vfio mdev series can be logically divided into several parts,
> they work together to provide the mdev support.

I think what Jike want to suggest is how about partially push/develop the
mdev. As jike listed, there are some parts can be independent and they have
mostly been agreed.

Such development plan can make the discussion be much efficient in the
community. Also it make the possibility that Intel, Nvdia, IBM can focus
on different parts and co-develop it.

The maintainer can hold these development patches in local branch before
pushing the full-functionality version to upstream.

Thanks!