[libvirt] A bug that libvirt lxc can't destroy all container process.

曹远志 caoyuanzhi at kylinos.cn
Tue Aug 8 02:40:05 UTC 2017

Hello all,
This is my first mail to this list, so let me introduce myself. My name is yuanzhi cao, and I work in the oVirt team. Currently We are using libvirt lxc in large-scale and found that libvirt can't destroy container process normally .

Environments:

 System: zesty
 libvirt version: 2.5.0-3ubuntu5
 vm rootfs release: ubuntu:16.04

Reproduce:
 1. Run command "virsh -c lxc:// start vm" and the release of vm is xenial
 2. Run command "pa aux|grep init" ,you would find the pid of init launch by vm.
 3. Run command "virsh -c lxc:// destroy vm".
 4. Run command "virsh -c lxc:// list --all" and "ps aux|grep init" ,you  could find that vm is shutoff, but the init process launch by vm is  still running.

Infact I have found the case of this bug, there is a patch after 1.3.1 that import this bug.

 Commit: dc576025c360a1d2c89da410d0f3f0da55d0143f [dc57602]
 Parents: 511e7c5bba