[libvirt] [BUG] We can hot plug more than one vhost-user nics with the same chardev backend

linzhecheng linzhecheng at huawei.com
Fri Dec 22 03:29:29 UTC 2017

We use virsh attach-device to hot-plug vhost-user nic with the following xml:
<interface type='vhostuser'>
  <mac address='52:54:01:3b:83:a5'/>
  <source type='unix' path='/var/run/vhost-user/port1' mode='client'/>
  <target dev='port1'/>
  <model type='virtio'/>
  <driver queues='4'/>
</interface>

We can successfully hot plug more than one vhost-user nics with
the same unix path ('/var/run/vhost-user/port1') which is a chardev backend.
However, only one nic attached can work, because the unix path can only pair with
one front-end of nic. So should we do something to forbid this operation?