[libvirt] [GSoC] Libvirt accepted as GSoC 2017 mentor organization

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 12:11:27 UTC 2017

Dear all,

yesterday I received great news: Libvirt has been accepted as a mentor
organization for this year's Google Summer of Code [1].

That means we will have some students working on our project during the
summer. Yay!

If you are a student and want to participate then the best time to read
the list of ideas [2] and get in touch with corresponding mentor is now.
Or if you have an idea of your own that is not listed contact me and we
can sort it out. The deadline for students applications is 3rd April
2017. So there is still plenty of time, but also the process at libvirt
has some requirements [3] so it's unlikely to go through it in one day.

The list of ideas can still be expanded, so if you guys have any idea
for students either add it onto the list or let me know and I will do that.

1: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5188084661485568/
2: http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Google_Summer_of_Code_Ideas
3: http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Google_Summer_of_Code_FAQ

Michal