[libvirt] libvirt failed to spawn with namespace

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Thu Jan 5 10:55:23 UTC 2017

On 01/05/2017 09:51 AM, Qiao, Liyong wrote:
> Hi Michal
> Thanks for your reply, the workaround works well for me.
> Recreate kvm02.log and attach it for you.

Ah sorry. For some reason I thought that the first log you've sent is
daemon log. It wasn't and in fact I'd like to see it for the case where
you mount /dev/mqueue and enable the namespace (=undo the workaround).

> BTW, can you help me to understand how can you make this [1] work if it’s /dev/mqueue.
> As far as I know /dev/mqueue is not a block device, how can we mount /dev/mqueue to somewhere ?

A filesystem doesn't have to be backed by a block device in order to be
mountable. tmpfs is a great example. mqueue is yet another one of such
filesystems. BTW:

$ grep nodev /proc/filesystems

Looks like there's a lot of nodev filesystems.

Michal