[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-3.5.0

Roman Bogorodskiy bogorodskiy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 10:18:58 UTC 2017

  Andrea Bolognani wrote:

> > > Is there any specific reason why it doesn't run test suite on FreeBSD?
> > > Generally, '(g)make check' should run fine, with the only exception that
> > > virnetsockettest fails from time to time (maybe once in 4-5 runs).
>
> qemuxml2argvtest fails consistently in my FreeBSD guest.

I guess that's caused by clang inlining functions that are mocked
(specifically, some numa related stuff); I think that was discussed
several times already. Anyway, it should work fine with '-O0' in CFLAGS.

> virnetsockettest also fails pretty often for me, certainly
> more than your figure; even if that wasn't the case, 1/5
> failure rate is way too high for a CI job.

I played a little more with virnetsockettest to get real stats and
figured the following:

 1. On my desktop (i5) and laptop (i3), I didn't get any failures in 50
 'check' runs
 2. On a VM that I use to run test builds in Jenkins, out of 50 runs it
 fails from 1 to 6 times; I did this test a couple of times and either I
 was lucky or failure rate is higher when my Jenkins perform regular
 builds.

Anyway, I'll try to find a way to debug what's going on with
virnetsockettest.

> > > 'syntax-check' will not work without local hacks though because it hits
> > > argmax limit that results in 'argument list too long' for a lot of
> > > checks.
>> > Our 'check' jobs depend on the 'syntax-check' jobs as a pre-requisite,
> > so its fallout from not running syntax-check on BSD
>
> Can we invert the dependency so that syntax-check requires
> check instead?
>
> Not that it would be a good idea until the issues mentioned
> above are solved and check can run 100% reliably on FreeBSD,
> of course.
>
> --
> Andrea Bolognani / Red Hat / Virtualization

Roman Bogorodskiy