[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-3.5.0

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jul 4 11:21:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 01:03:52PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-07-01 at 14:18 +0400, Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:
> > > qemuxml2argvtest fails consistently in my FreeBSD guest.
>> > I guess that's caused by clang inlining functions that are mocked
> > (specifically, some numa related stuff); I think that was discussed
> > several times already. Anyway, it should work fine with '-O0' in CFLAGS.
>
> Well, would you look at that. It does indeed work flawlessly
> when compiled without optimizations! :O
>
> I'm not sure if that would be considered a reasonable
> compromise to get the test suite running on FreeBSD in the
> context of CI, though. I think it working reliably without
> messing with CFLAGS would be a requirement; others might
> disagree.

Hmm, I thought I fixed that problem when I introduce this patch:

  commit 728cacc8abed2b8de39e7b96fa42fde6850ec23a
  Author: Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com>
  Date:   Fri Apr 7 15:07:49 2017 +0100

    annotate all mocked functions with noinline

This made us annotate all mocked functions with noinline, which was
sufficient to make CLang builds pass tests on Ubuntu VMs.

Perhaps my syntax-check rule is missing some functions that still
need to be marked noinline to get BSD working ?