[libvirt] More CI options

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Jun 7 08:55:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 10:30:16PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 10:09:00PM +0200, Martin Kletzander wrote:
>> Since the addition of Travis CI builds, there is some more progress
>> towards more testing.  I was just wondering if anyone was thinking about
>> (or is already working on) some settings for other CI environments as
>> well.  For example if configured AppVeyor, we could have MSVC builds as
>> well.  And there are more of those, I didn't compare all of them, but
>> the more environments we have, the more build failures we might catch.
>> Or even test failures, maybe.
>
>FWIW, I would consider building with MSVC a non-goal unless its feature
>set has massively improved to support the various GCC extensions we rely
>on. I've always assumed that only target compilers which support GCC C
>dialect, which basically means GCC or CLang or Intel CC and not MSVC.

Apparently, the Appveyor also supports building with MinGW, MSYS2 and
others.  I mentioned MSVC because I've seen some configure code that
handles the option.  But what would be nicer is 'any' Windows
compilation, but we can still do it in Fedora, too.

>Aside from that, I'd be happy to see addition of more CI environments if
>they cover platforms / combinations we don't already touch. In particular
>I think it would be useful to see some non-x86 architectures covered.

Claudio mentioned the same, but it looks like the hardware is the issue.
For a simple start, I can run something at home on a aarch64, but that's
a cheap board, so until it gets proper support in mainline kernel, it's
not very helpful.  I don't have much spare time on my hands, so I won't
promise anything, but I might try giving that a spin, just for the fun
of it.