[libvirt] Making DHCP leases available to local DNS server through dnsmasq

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Fri Jun 16 11:39:46 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 08:53:16PM +0200, jean-christophe manciot wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I have multiple virtual networks defined on my Server:
># virsh net-list --all
> Name                 State      Autostart     Persistent
> default              active     yes           yes
> virtual-mgt-5        active     yes           yes

I am using something along the lines of:

  $ cat /etc/dnsmasq.d/libvirt.conf
  server=/virt/192.168.213.1
  server=/213.168.192.in-addr.arpa/192.168.213.1/

And all guests have .virt in their hostname, so I'm at least able to use
that.  That way guests are available by their names in the .virt
domain.  You should be able to do that with your domain name as well.
Let me know if that works for you or not.

Have a nice day,
Martin