[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-3.5.0

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Fri Jun 30 15:45:04 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-06-30 at 14:19 +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > > Not all builders run all jobs, eg. the test suite is skipped
> > > on FreeBSD, but they all at least compile the library.
>> > Is there any specific reason why it doesn't run test suite on FreeBSD?
> > Generally, '(g)make check' should run fine, with the only exception that
> > virnetsockettest fails from time to time (maybe once in 4-5 runs).

qemuxml2argvtest fails consistently in my FreeBSD guest.

virnetsockettest also fails pretty often for me, certainly
more than your figure; even if that wasn't the case, 1/5
failure rate is way too high for a CI job.

> > 'syntax-check' will not work without local hacks though because it hits
> > argmax limit that results in 'argument list too long' for a lot of
> > checks.
>
> Our 'check' jobs depend on the 'syntax-check' jobs as a pre-requisite,
> so its fallout from not running syntax-check on BSD

Can we invert the dependency so that syntax-check requires
check instead?

Not that it would be a good idea until the issues mentioned
above are solved and check can run 100% reliably on FreeBSD,
of course.