[libvirt] libvirt binding for Rust

Sahid Orentino Ferdjaoui sferdjao at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 10:19:21 UTC 2017

Hello,

I started a work on a libvirt binding for Rust [0]. Not all of the API
is implemeted but I think it's now in a usable state.

  https://docs.rs/crate/virt
  https://github.com/sahid/libvirt-rs

The code is licensed under LGPL-2.1, it's tested by a CI running
libvirt 1.2.0, 2.5.0, 3.3.0. There are unit tests, integration tests
and some examples to exercise the code (some parts are still not
covered) I also have checked the code with valgrind to avoid any
memory leaks.

  https://travis-ci.org/sahid/libvirt-rs

Do you think that we can consider it ready to be hosted by libvirt.org
GIT server ? That could help to get new contributors also interested
by Rust and improve the code and coverage of the API.

Thanks,
s.