[libvirt] [GSOC] project libvirt fuzzing

Da L srwx4096 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 06:23:24 UTC 2017

Dear all,

This is my first post in the list.

I am currently a graduate student studying computer science, particularly
interested in visualization technologies and I have been using QEMU for a
variety of projects for a while. Two of the courses that I am taking this
semester really attracted me to the libvirt community  are Advanced
Operating Systems and Secure Software Development. I have been learning
kernel fuzzing as well as other general fuzzing tools.

Then I found the topic of "QEMU command line generator XML fuzzing" is
pretty interesting and totally in line with my interest and background.
Though I have read through the documentations on the website, just to make
sure I am doing it correctly, could anyone confirm this project is still
available? And what I need to do next in order to participate the project
this summer? Do I need to find a mentor by myself? Potentially, I could
find my OS or Security professor as my mentor, but I am not sure yet which
would be the best way.

Thanks,

Dan