[libvirt] 'make check' fails (qemuhotplugTest) with libvirt fakeroot build, starting with 3.1.0 release

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 06:06:22 UTC 2017

On 05.03.2017 17:47, Predrag Ivanovic wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Mar 2017 08:22:26 +0100
> Michal Privoznik wrote:
>
>> Can you try to run:
>>
>> libvirt.git $ cd tests/
>> tests $ VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2 ./qemuhotplugtest
>>
>> and share the output with us?
> Sure.
> HEAD is cbcfd0976,  ./configure and make in the top directory run without any extra options.
> First log is with fakeroot, second as a regular user.
> -------------
> VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2 fakeroot ./qemuhotplugtest
> TEST: qemuhotplugtest

> 44) hotplug vcpus group x86-modern-bulk                               ... libvirt: Domain Config error : cannot create config directory '/root/.cache/libvirt/qemu/run': Permission denied
> FAILED
> 45) hotplug vcpus group x86-old-bulk                                  ... libvirt: Domain Config error : cannot create config directory '/root/.cache/libvirt/qemu/run': Permission denied
> FAILED
> 46) hotplug vcpus group ppc64-modern-bulk                             ... libvirt: Domain Config error : cannot create config directory '/root/.cache/libvirt/qemu/run': Permission denied
> FAILED

This is the problem. fakeroot tells the test that it is running under
root user therefore it tries to access some dirs there (which is denied
because of fakeroot). Well, we shouldn't mkdir() from our test suite
neither - will look into that.
BTW: why do you run tests under fakeroot? why not run them under your
regular user?

Michal