[libvirt] [RFC] qemu: monitor: do not report error on shutdown

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Thu Mar 9 09:59:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com> wrote:

> In those cases do not report an
> internal error like:
>   "internal error: End of file from qemu monitor"

There is some extra background on the issue that shall be fixed at [1].
According to my experiments this seems to happen in general (various
distros, upstream), but since my gut feeling isn't sure if I might have
followed a red-herring I explicitly marked the patch as RFC for now.

Note: I also have seen similar EOF messages of virtlogd on guest start that
I have not looked at yet

[1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1582990

--
Christian Ehrhardt