[libvirt] limit cpu speed in domain xml

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Mar 16 17:49:51 UTC 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 08:41:48PM +0300, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Thanks! Next question, does it possible to provide constant speed for vps
> in case of cloud service? For example user buy vps with 500mhz or 1ghz and
> pay for guaranteed resource?

IMHO that's a pretty poor way to provide/allocate capacity. The relative
processors speeds don't directly correlate to performance. If you want
to restrict a user to 1/2 the CPU, then run it at full speed but give a
schedular cap

> Weights not very useful because I can't guarantee that each vps have needed
> processor time...

CPU quota + period are the settings you want to timeslice CPUs into fixed
quanties. Weight is just a relative prioritization measure.

|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|