[libvirt] libvirt3.1.0 bug suspected: libvirtd restart, VM start/stop

Michal Privoznik mprivozn at redhat.com
Wed Mar 29 09:23:30 UTC 2017

On 03/28/2017 01:54 PM, Stepan Andr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems there is a bug for libvirtd which I couldn't find here
> <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libvirt&limit=0&order=bug_id%20DESC&product=Virtualization%20Tools&query_format=advanced>
> .
>
> *Here is description:*
> Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
> Libvirt - 3.1.0 (built from tarball)
>
> How reproducible:
> 100%
>
> Precondition: libvirtd running. One VM is running, other(s) are 'shut off'.
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1. Stop libvirtd while VM#1 is running.
> 2. Start libvirtd (VM#1 is running).
> 3. Stop VM#1. Verify if VM#1 is present in the list of all VM's ('virsh
> list --all').
> 4. Start VM#1. Verify if VM#1 is present in the list of all VM's ('virsh
> list --all').
> 5. Go to step #3. Note: Steps may be needed to repeat two times.
>
> Recover action:
>  restart libvirtd service (service libvirtd restart/systemctl restart
> libvirtd).
>
> Actual results:
>  #3. VM#1 disappears from the list of all VM's.
>
> Expected results:
>  #3. VM#1 should be present in the list of all VM's.

I'm unable to reproduce this behaviour. Can you:

a) share the domain XML with us?
b) provide daemon debug logs [1]?
c) check that all the uuids for your domains are unique?

1: http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/DebugLogs

BTW: Feel free to open a new bug and attach those informations there.
Bugzilla is where bugs are tracked anyway.

Thanks,
Michal