[libvirt] set link state for ethernet network devices

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue May 16 22:27:02 UTC 2017

On 05/10/2017 04:58 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> Hi! Sometimes ago i'm write patch for setting link state of network
> interface for ethernet type (tap).
> Now i'm try libvirt 3.3.0 and see, that  tap interfaces is up but in
> xml i'm try to specify
> <link state='down'>
> also i'm try
> Nothing changed. Laine says, that link state is only for internal
> representation, and to modify link state on host side i need to

I remember we talked about implementing that, but did we actually do it?
I may implied/suggested that I would, and then dropped the ball (it's
happened before :-/)

Definitely I did push the patch that disconnects the up/down status of
the host side of the tap from the up/down status of the emulated NIC.