[libvirt] Various apparmor related changes (part 1), version 2

Stefan Bader stefan.bader at canonical.com
Thu May 18 08:53:38 UTC 2017

> Over the years there have been a bunch of changes to the
> apparmor profiles and/or virt-aa-helper which have been
> carried in Debian/Ubuntu but never made it upstream.
>
> In an attempt to clean this up and generally improve the
> apparmor based environments, we (Christian and I) went
> over the changes, cleaned out cruft as much as possible
> and would be sending out hunks of changes to this list
> for upstream inclusion.
>
> I hope doing multiple but smaller rounds of submissions
> will make it simpler to get those reviewed and hopefully
> accepted.

For the second version I added acks, merged the patches
related to explicit device denials and local apparmor
profiles, and split the 9p support one (holding back the
part allowing link access for later or to be replaced by
a safer solution).
I also tried to improve the explanation in the description
of patch #1 (virt-aa-helper: Ask for no deny rule for readonly
disk elements).

Thanks,
Stefan