[libvirt] Libvirt CAT support plan

Eli Qiao qiaoliyong at gmail.com
Wed May 3 08:46:55 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 3 May 2017 at 4:34 PM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> On Wed, May 03, 2017 at 08:30:31AM +0800, Eli Qiao wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > Thanks for helping reviewing for CAT support in the past days.
> >
> > I writing this email to ask for the plan in libvirt support.
> >
> > I think we’v discussed this early this year, and I’v proposed a patch set [1].
> > But don’t get merged because of some performance reason ?
> >
> > Then I proposed a redesign RFC[2] based on Martin’s cache branch,
> > thans Martin for the reviewing, I can address them but the question here
> > is it depends on Martin’s `cache` branch, which if for exposing host’s `cache`
> > information in capabilities xml, and it doesn’t get merged ether, I feel helpless.
> >

> Martin posted review comments on your latest patches just a couple of days
> ago, and you've not posted any newer version of the patches since then
> that address those comments.

Yes, I see that and response, I will refine my RFC patch.

I just worry about the dependencies. It’s long time and don’t get reviewed after the last post.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2017-April/msg00541.html

And Martin’s `cache` branch was not merged yet, that’s not under my control, this
is my concern.

> > As CAT is a key feature which would be required by many customers and
> > especially the OpenStack integration.
> >

> Regardless of what/who needs a feature, we're not going to rush to
> merge patches if there are still outstanding issues that need fixing.

Agree.
I would like to get some advice on which direction should go, with the new implementation,
the dependency is a problem.

> > Would like to know the plan and get the some suggestions.
>

> Carry on addressing the feedback provided & posting new versions of the
> patches for review.

Sure, I will continue working on that.

BR,
Eli Qiao