[libvirt] networking problem

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:24:22 UTC 2017

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 04:07:09AM -0700, msliu at reynoldstocks.com wrote:
> I have performed following steps:
>
> $ virsh net-destroy default
> $ virsh net-undefine default
>
> Now I couldn't start guest with following warning popup:
> Error starting domain: Network not found: no network with matching name
> 'default'
>
> Please advise how to re-create 'default' instead of reinstalling all
> guests.

This is a libvirt question.  I have CCed the libvirt mailing list so you
can continue discussion there.

On Red Hat-based distros try reinstalling the
libvirt-daemon-config-network package.  On Debian-based distros try
reinstalling the libvirt-daemon-system package.  This should restore the
/etc/libvirt/qemu/networks/default.xml file that you are missing.

Stefan