[libvirt] Libvirt config converter can't handle file not ending with new line

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Tue Nov 7 04:41:01 UTC 2017

On 10/30/2017 06:17 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
> Hi Jim
>
> I discover a problem when using xen_xl converter. When the file in
> question doesn't end with a new line, I get the following error:
>
>    error: configuration file syntax error: memory conf:53: expecting a value

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. The libvirt.git tree I tried was a bit
dated, but even after updating to latest master I can't reproduce.

> After digging a bit (but haven't read libvirt code), it appears that the
> file didn't end with a new line.

I tried several files without ending new lines, going both directions
(domxml-to-native and domxml-from-native), but didn't see the mentioned error.
Perhaps your config is revealing another bug which is being improperly reported.
Can you provide an example of the problematic config?

Regards,
Jim