[libvirt] Release of libvirt-3.8.0
veillard at redhat.com
Wed Oct 4 19:39:06 UTC 2017
I tagged the tree and pushed the release earlier today, signed tarball
and rpms should be available at the usual place:
I also pushed the associated 3.8.0 for the python bindings which can be
found in the python subdir:
This is a balanced release with new features especially for Qemu/KVM,
a reasonable set of improvement and bugs fixes:
- qemu: Added support for cold-(un)plug of watchdog devices
- qemu: Added support for setting IP address os usernet interfaces
- qemu: Added support for Veritas Hyperscale (VxHS) block devices
- storage: Added new events for pool-build and pool-delete
- qemu: Set DAC permissions properly for spice rendernode
When a rendernode path is set for SPICE GL on qemu:///system, we now
correctly set DAC permissions on the device at VM startup. This is the
last remaining hurdle to let SPICE GL work for qemu:///system without
any external host changes.
- nodedev: Add switchdev offload query to NIC capabilities
Allow querying the NIC interface capabilities for the availability of
switchdev offloading (also known as kernel-forward-plane-offload).
- New CPU models for AMD and Intel
AMD EPYC and Intel Skylake-Server CPU models were added together with
- Improve long waiting when saving a domain
While waiting for a write to disk to be finished, e.g. during save,
even simple operations like virsh list would be blocking due to domain
lock. This is now resolved by unlocking the domain in places where it
is not needed.
* Bug fixes:
- Proper units are now used in virsh manpage for dom(mem)stats
Previously the documentation used multiples of 1000, but now it is
fixed to use multiples of 1024.
- qemu: Fix error reporting when disk attachment fails
There was a possibility for the actual error to be overridden or
cleared during the rollback.
- qemu: Fix assignment of graphics ports after daemon restart
This could be seen with newer kernels that have bug regarding
SO_REUSEADDR. After libvirtd was restarted it could assign already used
address to new guests which would make them fail to start. This is
fixed by marking used ports unavailable when reconnecting to running
- Fix message decoding which was causing a very strange bug
When parsing an RPC message with file descriptors was interrupted and
had to restart, the offset of the payload was calculated badly causing
strange issues like not being able to find a domain that was not
thanks everybody who contributed to this release with bug reports, patches,
reviews, documentation, etc ...
Enjoy the release !
Daniel Veillard | Red Hat Developers Tools http://developer.redhat.com/
veillard at redhat.com | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit http://xmlsoft.org/
http://veillard.com/ | virtualization library http://libvirt.org/
More information about the libvir-list